Yeah, I know, it’s not Thanksgiving. But, when shit hits the fan it makes you thankful for the things that are right with the world.
In no particular order, here are things I am grateful for:
Two birds with one stone with this lovely photo from our single Seattle snow day of 2014!
1. My boo. Yes, I just called him that. No, I don’t really call him that IRL. I mostly just call him “babe” or, you know, his name. He’s the best support system a girl could ask for. And he puts up with my shenanigans. Win-win.
2. My dog. He’s kind of an asshole sometimes, but he’s also adorable and I love him despite his bad attitude. He also inspired me to blog and to name my blog after him. Sorry, I’m obsessed.
3. Stability. My job isn’t in jeopardy, I’m financially secure, and I don’t have debt or bills looming over my head. All good things in my world.
4. Good books. Nothing helps me escape from reality quite like an engrossing read. I just finished After Her by Joyce Maynard and quite enjoyed the escapism of a 13 year old serial killer hunter. Yeah, you read that right.
5. Safety. I live in a place where I don’t have to fear going outside. There is no rioting in the streets of my city. (Sorry, Kiev + Venezuela.) And I have freedoms that I take for granted every day that others aren’t so fortunate to have.
What are you grateful for?