Sponsored Post: I am being compensated by #CollectiveBias in partnership with #BioreStripDown for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I wish I could say I had really fabulous plans this past weekend, but that would be a big lie. Lately, we’ve been spending our weekends trying to catch up on cleaning and organizing our house as different parts of our renovation have been completed. Even when I’m busy trying to get chores done, I still try to take some time for myself and relax in between tasks. After all, a weekend has to have a little time for some treat-yo-self action!
So how do I pamper myself on a busy weekend? With a DIY facial of course! I had to cancel my most recent facial appointment because of our European trip and can’t get in until later this month… but let’s just say that in the meantime my skin needs some serious help. Airplane air always does a number on my skin, and I’m left with congested skin that’s drier than the Sahara desert.
It was Bioré® to the rescue, with their new charcoal line including the Bioré® Self Heating One Minute Mask and Bioré® Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips! Along with some trusty essentials like makeup removing wipes, my face brush (perfect for gentle exfoliation), a nice hydrating moisturizer, and the pore cleansers from Bioré®, I was set. So how did I complete this DIY Facial you ask? Here’s how:
1. Using my makeup removing wipes, I removed all traces of makeup.
2. Next, I gently exfoliated with a mild cleanser and my face brush.
3. After cleansing my face, I gently patted some fresh warm water on my face to prepare for the Bioré® Self Heating One Minute Mask.
4. Then, I massaged the mask over my entire face for one minute. The heating sensation really made it feel like I was at the spa being treated with a warm facial towel! The mask is infused with Natural Charcoal, known for its ability to draw out and trap deep-down impurities
5. After the minute was up, I removed the mask with warm water.
6. With a clean face, I gently patted warm water on my nose area to prep my face for the Bioré® Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strip. Have you tried these yet? They’re new and like the iconic strip, this charcoal strip unclogs pores to draw our dirt & oil that can cause blackheads!
7. Because I’ve been battling fatigue, I also added some eye patches to the mix. If you have some, you can apply these now too!
8. After allowing the nose strip to dry for 10 minutes, remove it. Then, bask in the glory of the gunk that is now on the strip and not in your nose! ;)
9. Follow with a nice cooling face mist, I chose one that has rosewater because it feels so good in the summer heat!
10, Finally, finish by patting on your favorite moisturizer. I was in need of something a little heavy duty, so I chose a thick moisture cream. And ta-da, DIY facial complete!
Oh, and don’t forget – this is about kicking your feet up! Even if for only ten minutes while those pore strips work their magic. My ten minutes is spent nose deep in Vogue, but be sure to grab an iced coffee or tea to beat the heat and stay hydrated. ;)
If you’re ready to get your own DIY facial on, head to your local Target to pick up some skin care essentials including the Bioré® Self Heating One Minute Mask and Bioré® Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips. You can find them in the skincare aisle, as pictured above.
Have you tried any of the Bioré® charcoal products yet? Which one is your favorite? Or how do you like to treat your skin at home? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
Oh man, I’ll definitely be doing this on Saturday.
Yay! Hope you enjoy it!
I love Biore products! They have always been my favorite! I haven’t tried the charcoal products yet but I really like their self heating exfoliating scrub. It actually smells pretty good and leaves my face so soft and clean. I will have to try out these other ones…and those eye patches!
You’d probably love the charcoal heating mask as well then! The pore strips are great, and cooling eye patches are so nice when you’re doing a at-home facial!
I totally want to do this facial now! I am a sucker for black head strips and these charcoal sound awesome!
I am too! They’re always so satisfying to pull off, haha! :)
Love this! I haven’t used Biore strips in a long time. I will definitely be checking these out!!
Awesome, hope you like them, Laura!
I’ve been wanting to try the Biore charcoal strips for awhile now. I will have to check them out now! Great post!
Thanks Mistle! Definitely do – I hope you love ’em!
I’ve been debating trying these!!
For the most part they’re just like the originals, so if you like those, I think you’d like these too!
This looks so relaxing and nice! I need to do something for my skin too!
It is so nice to be able to treat your skin, even if it’s just a DIY face mask or some exfoliating! :)
I haven’t tried the new strips yet but i’ve always been a huge fan of the Biore original nose strips. There’s something so satisfying about peeling those off haha.
There really is! I love the original Biore strips as well as these!
Okay, I’m totally going to get the charcoal strips; I really struggle with blackheads and need something to get them out! Thanks for recommendation!
Of course! The original Biore pore strips are great too – just be sure to close the pores when you’re done so that they don’t fill right back up! ;)
I love the biore self heating mask but I find it often takes me a while to get the entire mask off.
I love pore strips! I think I might have tried all drug store pore strips before, but I haven’t tried Biore. I will include that on this week’s shopping. Thanks!
I have used this Biore Pore Strips and I had to repeat twice to see the result. I apply it at first and not contented at all so I had to try again :). I hope it won’t be too much to use twice. I think using these strips will take time to see an effective result but I am enjoying using the product. I am giving it a thought that this one is not suitable for my skin type. Thanks.
Thank you for the step by step, detailed instructions on how to use this face treatment most effectively. I find that a lot of the time one can have a great set of products, but lack the details and knowledge to utilize these tools best. All in all these helped leave my skin feeling soft and revived.