If you don’t know why you’re here, you probably landed on the wrong page. If you attended FIC 2015 or someone shared this with you because you’re also a student interested in fashion and blogging, you’re in just the right place!
I’m Jenn, and this is my little space on the Internet and I hope you’ll be inspired to start a space of your own too. If you’re following along during today’s workshop – awesome! If you’re checking this out after, that’s cool too!
Here’s the presentation I went through during the workshop:
View on FlowVella – Presentation Software for Mac and iPad
These are some of the resources that I wish I had known about when I started blogging:
– Blogging Tips for Beginners via Logan Can
– Blogging Resources via Blog Ambitions
– How to Launch a Blog on a Budget via By Regina
– How to Start a Lifestyle Blog via The Wonder Forest
– Lifestyle Blogging 101 via The Londoner
– Strategies to Know Before Starting a Blog in 2015 via WebHosting Secret Revealed
– 6 Things I Learned in my First Year of Blogging via Working Mom Magic
– 19 Ridiculously Useful Tips Every Blogger Should Know via BuzzFeed
– Platform Showdown: Hosted WordPress vs.Self-Hosted WordPress vs. Blogger via Blog Me Lovely
These are some of the posts that I’ve written about my experiences that I wish someone had already written and/or shared with me:
– How to Use Twitter Effectively for your Blog or Business
– How to Respond to Brand Email Inquiries
– When You Should Say No to Blogging Opportunities
– What I’ve Learned from Fashion Blogging
Not cut out for blogging? That’s okay too! You can share yourself with the world in a ton of other ways, like:
– Start a YouTube channel! There’s more than just funny cat videos and makeup tutorials on there!
– Share snaps of your life, or your curated life, on Instagram
– Some people really dig 6 second videos on Vine
– You could start an Etsy shop selling your designs, products, or services
– On Tumblr, sharing collections of images, quotes, GIFs, etc.
If you ever have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me. I’m happy to provide the best answers I can, or just chat. Whatever is cool with me.
Thanks for attending, and I wish you all the best. And if you do start a blog, I would love to see it! Share it with me in the comments, or share it with me via email or social media. :)