What is 101 in 1001?
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific and documented. (I’m going to shoot for a photo of each, but some will be harder than others to photograph, I imagine.)
Start Date: January 8th, 2014
End Date: October 5th, 2016
- celebrate ‘me’ with an all day spa day (mani, pedi, facial, massage)
grow my blog’s twitter followers to 1,000 (as of 01/08/14, currently at 115)Completed on 7/20/14 grow my instagram followers to 500 (as of 01/08/14, currently at 101) Completed on 7/1/14
- take Rigby on a hike
- take Rigby to a flyball try out
- re-design my personal website
re-design my blog move from tumblr to wordpress or blogger (know which one and why? halp!) start a facebook fan page for this blog and get to 300 likes (ok honestly, i don’t really care about ~numbers~, but its just you know, a measure of me making an effort.)Completed in June 2014 sponsor 5 blogs(jade + oak in april 2014, living in yellow in may 2014, because of jackie may 2014, always ashten in may 2014, helene in between in may 2014)
- bake 5 different recipes and post them here
- cook at least 5 different recipes and post them (1 smoothies)
- read 150 books (
my goal for 2014 is 100) try hot yogatried it with ClassPass! travel somewhere out of the countryVisited The Bahamas.
- travel somewhere out of the continental US
- go to the top of the space needle
- ride the train somewhere (not the bus “train” but an actual train)mo
attend a blog conferenceI’ve attended a few workshops, and The Hundred Event
- hot tub in the snow
- take a knife skills class at sur la table or a different cooking class
attend a fashion showsee style blooms runway show
- successfully complete one “no buy” month of clothing/shoes/accessories for myself
clean out my closet and have a clothing swap with bloggers or IRL friends, or both!Shop My Closet was born!
- go on a spur of the moment trip, where the location is decided the night before and is more than 2 hours away from home.
- have a fort party in our living room
- design a personal project for fun
be on time (in before 9am) every day to work for a week
- participate in another 5k
- go on a picnic.
eat at a diner’s, drive-ins, and dives restaurantAte at the Eleventh Street Diner in Miami
- go to a dentist and get my wisdom teeth removed (eek!)
- watch 10 movies off the 250 best movies of all time list during the 1001 days (1 It’s a Wonderful Life, 2 Psycho, 3 The Shining, 4 The Big Lebowski, 5 Fargo, 6 Wolf of Wall Street, 7 Mary & Max, 8 Grand Budapest Hotel, 9 Gone Girl)
buy an investment pair of black pumpsBought these Corso Como Pumps
- wear a dress every day to work for one week
spend an entire day reading
- watch the first star wars movie all the way through without falling asleep
- watch the lord of the rings (I’ve never seen it)
- see a new Broadway show
- make a pie entirely from scratch, including the crust
- take a photo, every day for an entire month
- host a board games party
- skip fast food for a month
- have a fondue night
- ride a horse
- try Ethiopian food
- exercise every day for one week for at least 30 minutes
invest in a classic handbag.Bought this Rebecca Minkoff bag.
- take a dance class
- organize my iTunes
see a new cirque du soleil performanceSaw Kurios.
- Run a mile without stopping
- go to a murder mystery dinner
- prepare a meal using only (major) ingredients found at a farmer’s market.
- Pick out three new lipsticks at a makeup counter, for fun
- Pick a new fragrance on a whim
- Go somewhere just to take photos
- complete a teeth whitening kit.
Learn a new craft skillTook a calligraphy class
ead no emails for one whole day.
- spend a night in a hotel that’s not more than 60 minutes from home, just for funsies.
- try 5 new donut places in seattle
- visit a new landmark
- eat asian food in a new city
- only buy clothes/accessories from thrift stores for one month.
- make soft pretzels + beer cheese dip.
- visit 3 museums
- ride the seattle great wheel
- start and finish our living room remodel
- start and finish the same book in a day
Cook a holiday mealHosted Christmas brunch in 2014
- bake a multi-layer cake.
- complete a random act of kindness. (pay for someone’s meal, coffee, leave a big tip, etc)
- donate at least $25 to 5 different charities. (1 SIRA 2 Goodwill of Seattle 3 Make-A-Wish)
get my hair did.Seven Salon helped me out with this one! go to an author or celebrity event and have them sign something or take a photo.see meeting SJP at Nordstrom get my passport
- Try a new beauty treatment
- go on a seattle food tour.
- keep the house clean and keep up with chores for a week
have a portrait of Dave, Rigby, and me taken.Does this one count?
- set up a swap on my blog to send people fun things in the mail, because really, who doesn’t love mail?
- volunteer my time.
take a photo booth photo. This one at Dave’s company holiday party!
- go to 5 concerts. (1 ben gibbard)
make a new friend.
- write a new list of 101 things
rate 100 books on Goodreads. make s’mores over a fire.
- explore a neighborhood in seattle on foot for an afternoon.
go on a boat.Took the ferry to Lummi Island
- visit 3 new states. (1 Florida)
- wear an entire outfit that someone else picked out for me.
- have high tea with my mom.
try 5 new food items.(1 trout / 2 pollock / 3 kumquat / 4 Gooseberries / 5 Okinwan Sweet Potato )
- have real flowers in my home and keep them alive for a week. :P
try 20 new restaurants.(1 Lil John / 2 Canlis / 3 Tavolata / 4 Peyrassol Cafe / 5 Willow’s Inn / 6 Mount Bakery Cafe / 7 Bolivar / 8 Eleventh Street Diner / 9 Alma Mexicana / 10 Dunkin Donuts / 11 Chick Fil A / 12 Cafe Rio / 13 Red House / 14 Las Olas Cafe / 15 Cafe Orleans – Disneyland / 16 Odd Fellows Cafe & Bar / 17 Tutta Bella / 18 Roll Roll Roll Sushi / 19 Kimchi Amigos / 20 Cafe Brazil )
- make ice cream and fro yo with my cuisinart.
- make homemade greek yogurt with my yogurt maker.
join a new meetup group and go to a meeting. Went to the SBUMeetup at Trophy Cupcake
- cook something in the crock pot.
32 / 101 completed
Will you participate in the 101 things in 1001 days challenge?
I stumbled across your blog the other day on bloglovin’ and I am totally in love! I just started seriously blogging and named my blog after my golden retriever pup and was thrilled to stumble across another blogger with a similar foundation. I told my husband about the 101 in 1001 idea and we thought it would be a fun idea for us to do and complete before we settle down and start a family beyond our furchild! I’ll definitely link your blog up as inspiration! Thanks!
Aw, thank you so much, that’s sweet of you to say! Love that you named your blog after your dog too, so fun. Can’t wait to see your 101 in 1001 list, you’ve now reminded me to update mine with my progress! ;)
Pingback: Hello Rigby! - Treasure Tromp
please tell me you’re taking rigby on a hike soon. :P cross that off your list!
Ahh, we really need to! It’s not on the itinerary yet, but hopefully we’ll make some time in January. :)
This is such a cool idea!
I think that this is something I can put together while I’m in bed for four weeks!
Awesome! I hope you do, it’s a lot of fun to put together and complete! :)
I love this list! I really enjoyed meeting you today and chatting! Your blog rocks…I have a long way to go, but great ones like this give me inspiration to keep going!
Aw, thanks Valerie! It was great meeting you too and look forward to chatting again soon!