Today’s the day! What day you ask? Well it’s finally my turn to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, of course!
I know, I know.
Yes, it’s true. Like every other blogger, their sister, Mom, AND grandma, I’m shopping the 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I’ve been shopping at Nordstrom since I was little. Once I graduated college and had more of an “adult” budget for shopping, I got wise and shopped for fall items in the middle of summer during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, too.
Fall happens to be my favorite season for fashion, so it’s no wonder I get a little excited about the sale. If you’ve been shopping the sale for a while, too, you’ll start to notice a pattern of brands and products that come back every year in new colors, washes, patterns, and textures. It’s a great time to stock up on the best Nordstrom Sale wardrobe basics, but I always look forward to finding those standout, colorful pieces that really make a statement in my fall wardrobe, too!
Disclosure: While this post is not sponsored, it does contain affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no cost to you. All opinions are my own!
While I love shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, the blogging community goes a little hard. I promise to not overwhelm you with #NSale picks every day of the sale!
I’ll be shopping for many of these pieces myself, so stay tuned on Instagram in the days ahead as I’m able to pick up my order(s) at my local store if you’d like to see them on. In the meantime, however, read on for my top colorful picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020!
A few things to note before we jump into the colorful picks:
- As of today, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is open to ICON, AMBASSADOR, and INFLUENCER level Nordy Club Members. On August 13th, INSIDERS will be able to shop and the sale opens to everyone on August 19th. Sale access is granted based on your member level of The Nordy Club. The Nordy Club is free to join.
- Alternatively, you can apply for a Nordstrom Credit Card and if approved, shop the sale now and receive a $60 Bonus Note towards a future purchase. Be warned, this is a store credit card with a high-interest rate. I have mine set to autopay in full each month so that I don’t forget to pay it after the sale and rack up fees!
- Speaking of high interest, please don’t go in debt over this sale just because you see other people bragging about their haul. Much of this is smoke and mirrors so that they can promote the products to their followers. I’m sure Nordstrom sees quite the uptick in returns following the sale if you get what I’m saying.
- While this post is highlighting colorful, statement type of pieces, I always like to use this time of year to replenish basics if I need to. I recommend taking inventory of your denim, bras, underwear, and anything you might wear to work on a regular basis, like blazers and work pants. Some of my favorite finds have been simple things, like these splurge-y bras (totally worth it!), Dave’s favorite denim (perfect for men with an athletic build!), my favorite eye makeup brushes, and this suede moto that gets re-released each year.
- Restocks happen often. If you absolutely have to have something, I recommend adding it to your wishlist and setting an alert through the Nordstrom app. And worse case, you can buy it now in a different size and exchange it after the sale. That way, you’ll lock in that sale price. :)
When You Can Access the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in 2020
Early Access August 4-18
Early Access August 7-18
Early Access August 10-18
Early Access August 13-18
Access starts August 19th and the sale ends August 30th
Now with that said and out of the way, let’s get to the fun stuff!
1 // Long Sleeve Dress, $50 (Comes in several colorful prints + bright solids, plus petite sizing in certain colors!)
2 // Cotton Blend Blazer, $50 (Also available Petite, and 5 other colors!)
3 // Pointed Toe Ankle Boots, $80 (Available in 3 other colors)
4 // Ruffle Blouse, $50 (Available in 2 other colors)
5 // Faux-Wrap Dress, $82 (Also available in navy)
6 // Boho Blouse, $60 (Also available in a blue print)
7 // Crepe Jumpsuit, $82 (Also available in petite sizing and red!)
8 // Half Zip Hoodie, $25 (Also available in navy and grey!)
9 // Plaid Coat, $150
10 // Mini Crossbody Bag, $150 (Also available in beige)
11 // Shearling Slipper, $50 (Also available in other fun colors!)
12 // Platform Sandal, $40 (Available in 8 other colors)
13 // Short Sleeve Dress, $52
14 // Pointed Toe Bootie, $130 (Also available in 4 other colors!)
15 // Stripe Cardigan, $60
16 // Fluffy Slipper, $60 (Also available in other fun colors!)
17 // Lightweight Sweater, $25 (Also available in 4 other colors)
18 // Plaid Coat, $100 (Runs large, size down!)
19 // Cozy Top, $25 (Also available in other fun prints!)
20 // Cozy Bottoms, $25 (Also available in other fun prints!)
21 // Long Sleeve Midi Dress, $77
22 // Faux Suede Moto Jacket, $99 (Also available in black)
23 // Floral Midi Dress, $77
24 // Short PJ Set, $30 (Available in 3 other colors!)
25 // Wool Blend Coat, $200 (Also available in camel)
26 // Ruffle Dress, $99 (Also comes in animal print)
And that’s a wrap! There obviously are many other colorful options to shop throughout the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, however, these are my personal top picks from my favorite and tried-and-true brands. If you have any questions about the sale, sizing, or anything else feel free to let me know! I’m happy to help.
Have you or will you shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020? What are you shopping for this year?
Looking for More Colorful Fashion? Try these Blog Posts!
- 10 Best Wardrobe Basics from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020
- How to Save Time By Shopping with a Virtual Stylist
- Casual Summer Outfit Ideas
- How to Take Your Outfit From Morning Brunch to Evening BBQ
- How to Save Money by Renting Your Wardrobe
Want to Save This Post for Later? Pin it!
This post was originally posted on July 12, 2019, and has been updated for the 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
i do love the reds but everything else is def too bright for me xD although i do love me some fall colors ;)
A lot of great picks here, Jenn!! I’m looking at #21 long sleeve midi dress that I’ve always wanted to have, but I’m not sure if I can ever pull it off. I admire its silhouette, and it’s a great piece to throw into without really trying. You know what I mean??
I did get a pair of snake skin Vince Camuto boots (actually two in case I’m in between sizes), and I have yet to see if I like them / I’ll keep them.